Discussion, exhibitions and collective dye bath at atelier b
We are delighted to invite you to an evening with the theme of sewing workshops, those small creative laboratories where innovations in sustainable development are often born. The event will be held in two parts.
- Podcast recording at 4pm
atelier b invites you to attend the recording of a second episode of the Champ Lexical podcast on the theme of "Clothing and workshops: creative laboratories". Eco-responsibility, the circular economy and know-how will be at the heart of this discussion hosted by Anne-Marie with collaborators of great expertise:
- Marianne-Coquelicot Mercier, textile sector circular economy consultant,
- Annie Legroulx, eco-design consultant and circular designer
- Noémie Videaux Maillette, co-founder of Entremaille, a training center for eco-design and circular practices in the apparel industry.
A few places are reserved for the general public, so please arrive just before 4 p.m. at atelier retailles, 5752 Saint-Laurent, next door to us. The discussion will last about 45 minutes.
- Opening at 5pm
This will be followed by an exhibition of several designers involved in sustainable development. They will present a mini creation laboratory inspired by their innovative practices. You'll be able to see the following projects and chat with their instigators:
- atelier b, objects made from textile scrap pulp,
- atelier retailles, paper made from textile scraps by local designers,
- Elisa C-Rossow, zero-waste patterns,
- Growing Arc, community project promoting textiles, from plant to thread,
- Montloup textiles, manufacturer of ecological fabrics,
- Noémiah, giving a second life to wedding dresses through vegetable dyeing,
- Les Textiles Vagabonds, upcycling noble materials into unique pieces.
- Community indigo bath
So that you too can participate, a collective indigo dye bath will be available. The bath is made from indigo pigments grown in Kamouraska by Dahlia Milon! We invite you to bring a natural-fiber garment (cotton, linen, hemp) that you'd like to freshen up with indigo blue. Voluntary contribution.
It's going to be an inspiring, upbeat and colorful event, and we look forward to seeing you over drinks! Thanks to our atelier retailles collaborators, Dahlia and Nathalie Tremblay. The event is presented in collaboration with Concertation Montréal and its Textile and Apparel Community of Practice.
Podcast recording at 4 pm, exhibitions and collective dye bath from 5 to 8 pm.
**DEVOILEMENT** atelier b is pleased to welcome the Grappe métropolitaine de la mode, which will unveil the report and guide on responsible practices in the Quebec fashion sector at 5:00 pm. You'll have the chance to discover the results of this study, carried out in collaboration with over 75 players in our ecosystem.